Pistachio Cheese Spread 3
- Two 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups grated Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped shelled natural California pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions or chives
- 3 tbs brandy or apple juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/6 tsp cayenne pepper
- Chopped shelled natural California pistachios for garnish
Combine all ingredients except nuts for garnish. Beat until thoroughly blended*. Spoon into 4 crocks (3x2-1/2 inch); top with chopped pistachios.
Or, refrigerate cheese mixture; when firm, shape into 4 balls. Roll balls in chopped pistachios.
Makes 3-1/2 cups
- For smaller portion, combine:
- One 3 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs each chopped shelled natural California pistachios
- 2 tbs green onions
- 1-1/2 tsp brandy or apple juice
- Dash each garlic powder and cayenne pepper
Makes 2/3 cup.
*Recipe can be prepared in food processor. Combine all ingredients; process 30 to 45 seconds.
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana