- 4 pounds lean stew meat
- 1 package of 12 hot links, cut into small nuggets
- 1 package Bayou Magic Petits Cajun Red Beans
- 1 package Shotgun Willie's Chili Mix (omit cayenne packet)
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped, reserve half for topping
- 1 package Kraft Colby Monterey Jack cheese
- Six 12-ounce cans beer (water may be substituted)
- Two 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 box saltine crackers
In a large pot, cook beans according to directions on package. Thirty minutes before beans are done, add hot link nuggets. In other pot, combine stew meat, beer (or water) and chili mix.
Cook according to package directions. One hour before done, combine with beans and hot links, continue cooking. Add chopped onions 1/2 hour before done; continue cooking. Add crushed crackers and top with onions in bowls.
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana