- *** Thin Cocktail Bread
- Cut shot glass size. Toast or broil on one side. (May then freeze) Turn toasted side down and top with white onions sliced. Dot with mayonnaise.
- Broil 1 Minute.
- *** Broiled Canape
- Cut tops off cherry tomatoes. Hollow out; put in prepared cheese mix (Kraft), ham and pineapple. Broil.
- *** Mushrooms Elegant
- Use medium size mushrooms. Shake a few at a time in paper bag with a small amount of flour. Coat with swished egg and cover with bread or cracker crumbs. Fry gently in oil. Drain on paper towel. Salt well. Serve warm with favorite tartar sauce.
- *** Ham Puffs
- Spread crackers or thin bread with deviled ham (4-1/2 oz. can). Top each with a spoonful of this topping: 1 egg white stiffly beaten, 3 tbs mayonnaise, 1 tsp dry mustard. Brown under broiler. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1-1/2 Dozen.
- *** Toothpick Delights
- Wrap marinated artichoke heart in either slice of ham or corned beef. Cut into piece, secure with picks. Grind dried beef chip in blender, roll cream cheese balls in ground beef. Serve with picks. Wrap large stuffed olives in anchovy filets. Secure with pick.
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana