Chicken and Dressing Casserole
- 1 Small Pkg Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing (8 oz)
- 1/4 lb margarine or butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- One 4 oz can mushrooms (add juice too)
- 3-1/2 cups or 1 whole fryer or 4 large (halves) chicken breasts (boiled and deboned) may be done ahead
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Grease baking dish with margarine Blend butter or margarine with the stuffing. Line 10x10 inch baking dish with 1/2 of the crumbs. Mix all other ingredients together. Pour in baking dish and top with the rest of the crumbs. Bake at 325F for 30-45 minutes.
Optional: Top with slivered almonds.
Casseroles - Quiches
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana