Green and Golden Salad
- 2 Washington Golden Delicious apples
- 1-1/2 quarts mixed salad greens
- 1 small onion, cut in rings
- 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1-1/2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp each sugar and dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Core apples and cut into thin slices. Combine with greens, onion and olives. Combine oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, mustard and pepper in small jar. Cover and shake to blend. Pour over salad and toss lightly.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Add one 7-1/2 oz can salmon, drained and flaked, or
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken, or
- 1 cup julienne ham
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana