Kiwi Fruit Rainbow Salad
- 3 to 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced*
- 1 ripe papaya, pared, seeded and sliced
- 3 to 4 (about 3 oz each) California kiwi fruit, pared and sliced
- 1 cup watercress tips
- Honey Mustard Dressing
Arrange cabbage on individual serving plates. Divide and arrange avocado slices, papaya, kiwi fruit and watercress tips on cabbage. Drizzle with Honey Mustard Dressing.
Makes 4 servings.
- Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 2 tbs each vegetable oil and white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs each honey and minced onion
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Makes about 1/3 cup.
*Dip avocado slices in lemon juice to prevent discoloration if desired.
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana