Turkey and Pepper Salad in Pita Pockets
- 2 tbs plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 med clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp Louisiana hot pepper sauce
- One 5 oz can premium chunk white turkey
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin slices
- 2 green onions, cut into thin slices
- 2 tbs chopped peanuts
- 2 Pita breads (6-inch sandwich pockets), cut in half
In small bowl combine yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic ginger and hot pepper sauce. Add turkey, green pepper, green onion and peanuts; toss gently. Line each pita pocket with lettuce. Spoon filling into pockets.
Makes 1-1/2 cups or 2 servings.
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana