Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 2 to 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 to 1 tbs salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves or 1-1/2 minced, fresh
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pasta of your choice (About 12 oz Cooked and drained)
Combine sauce ingredients in a large bowl. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain well. Add to tomato sauce mixture in bowl and toss gently. Serve at once topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
Yield: About 2-1/4 cups.
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana